This policy sets out the minimum criteria to be eligible for nomination for an award of Life Membership of the Howick Squash Club Inc.
Life Membership is the highest Award available to recognise the exceptional contribution of individuals to the Howick Squash Club and is therefore only to be awarded in exceptional circumstances.
Nomination for Life Membership
Any current financial member may nominate another member for consideration for the Life Membership award. Nominations must be submitted in writing and must be signed by two current financial members of the club who are unrelated.
The nomination should highlight the achievements and activities of the nominee and at a minimum must meet the criteria as set out below. Nominations must be received by the Club Committee no later than 1st June in the year which the nomination is to be considered.
In considering the award of Life Membership an individual should have demonstrated significant, sustained and high quality services enhancing the reputation and future of their code within the Club.
The following points will be taken into account when considering any nomination:
- The nominees length of service to the club should be a minimum of 10 years
- The general attitude and overall demeanour of the nominee must be such that it reflects:
- Dedication to the values of the Club
- Commitment to the principles of good sportsmanship and fair play
- Valued leadership and good role modelling that reflects credit upon the Club
- The nominee must be a currently active, financial member of the Club
** Achieving the minimum service levels will not in any way automatically generate the award of Life Membership